My name is Andrea Richards and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I will graduate in the fall of 2010 with a degree in Elementary Education. This is my professional blog designed to show how blogs can be used in the educational field.

Friday, May 1, 2009

Educational Websites

Throughout my education I have found many useful websites. Many of them can be used at home by the students and their parents, or can also be used as a center activity. My favorite website is Starfall.com . It is full of many wonderful educational games young students can play. There are different stages that the student or parent can click on. For preschool and Kindergarden the first two links ABC's and Learn to Read will probably be used the most. For the older students there are It's Fun to Read and I'm Reading links available full of fun educational games. There are stories to read, tongue twisters, magic and art games that incorporate reading. When students are at the I'm Reading level they can select different categories of what they like to read. From folk tales and comics, to greek myths and plays, there is sure to be something every student can enjoy. There are also seasonal games to play and create things as well as a create your own calendar that helps students learn how to read and use a calendar correctly. I have used this website many times and will do so in the future with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment